Having Spent a few years working downtown at this point, I have been able to hone in on some of the best lunch spots this city has to offer. Here is my top 10 list, all within walking distance from Modworks Coworking!
- Located between Grant and Logan off of Colfax Ave. City Grille is a great hole in the wall that has become a Denver institution. With a mellow vibe it is a great place to grab a lunch beer and burger. I highly recommend the steak burger and tots!
- Right Below Modworks, Poke World is a newer installment into the mall food scene. Poke in general has exploded in popularity, for good reason, it is tasty and healthy. Although there are now a few poke places around the mall now nothing has beaten Poke World’s freshness for me. No wonder the line is out the door every day. Get there early!
- Spicy Chicken Ramen anyone? This may not be the highest end ramen spot in Denver, but it is one of my favorites. They serve basic, fast food but quite tasty food. Although the Bento boxes are yummy you are better served going with the Ramen.
- This one has stayed on the list through thick and thin! While you have to take the 16th Street mall ride all the way to the other end of the mall from Modworks, if you are looking for a quick burrito with delicious green chili or queso, Illegal Pete’s is the way to go!
- Sticking with Mexican, D’ Corozon is a great sit down spot. By far the best Carnitas in Denver, it is located right across the street from the Rio and honestly… It blows the Rio out of the water. Fair warning, the margaritas are extremely strong! If you are getting off work early it is a must.
- Just a block away from Modworks is Pizzeria Colore, a Quick grab and go Pizza by the slice. It is no gourmet Neapolitan Pizza joint but for simply NY style Pizza it is a must. The fresher the better and ordering a personal Pizza is recommended over just the slices. The house made pasta options are also quite good.
Cooks Fresh Market
- Located on the corner of Glenarm and 16th Cooks Fresh Market is my new favorite sandwich stop. Although, they have a salad bar and the rest of the market for grab and go I recommend one of the sandwiches. They are made to order and utilize fresh ingredients. Go with the Prosciutto sandwich, you wont regret it.
Mercantile Dining and Provision
- At the other end of the mall is the somewhat newly redeveloped Union Station. Union Station bolsters many restaurants however, Mercantile Dining and Provision is one of the best. From sandwiches to meats and cheeses it is a great spot. Order at the counter and enjoy the ambiance of the restaurant or take your food to go. I recommend the Short Rib Sandwich.
Liang’s Thai Food
- Coming back on the list is arguably the best Thai food in Denver. Liang's Cart is located on 16th Street and Tremont. Order your favorite dish and have it made to order right in front of you! Just make sure you have cash and also get there early as the line gets rather long!
- If you are looking for a higher end dining experience Osteria Marco is a great place to check out. Italian inspired food with a hearty twist you wont be disappointed. The Arugula pizza is amazing and I would also recommend the Rabbit!